for photographers & retouchers
1 1/2 hours
possible in person or online via Zoom, Google Hangouts or Skype
When it comes to a successful portfolio, asking for another opinion is the first step towards improvement. I know how it is: you bring your ideas into life and you love every aspect of your new work because you know how effortful it was. But in the process of creating we all sometimes fall over-board without realising it. While going through your portfolio I will give you my personal opinion and constructive advice based on my own experience, add some ideas and good examples. And the most important: I believe in kindness and you will come out of this with real input instead of frustration.
"I had the pleasure to have a portfolio review and a coaching session with Heidi and it has been a very refreshing, positive, and motivating experience. She gave me many different ideas and tips on how to improve my career as a portrait photographer and also on how to find my personal style. I have assisted her on a couple of shootings before so I knew she was a very good photographer and after these sessions, I can also say that she’s a very talented coach/teacher. She is very professional and prepared. Before the session's date, she took some time to make some researches on the documentation I sent her and she did create a great "custom made session". Last but not least, she is a listener. She listens and gives you honest and meaningful feedback and helps with all the questions that might come up.
I highly recommend her."
I highly recommend her."
Daniel Cati, portrait photographer
Portfolio review + one-on-one session combined
6 1/2 hours, possible in person or online via Zoom, Google Hangouts or Skype
Combining the portfolio review with the one-on-one session is the most effective way of analysing and then really working on whichever issues you have. If you decide to profit from the double offer you will take home perfectly tailored ideas and suggestions and immediately up your game on the market.
What I can help you with:
• Camera technology (e.g. with Canon, Phase One, analogue cameras, etc.)
• Light setting with strobes or continuous light (e.g. for portraits, editorial, commercial photography)
• Photography with daylight
• Software (e.g. working with Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign)
• Concept creation & realisation (e.g. moodboards, team hiring, pre-production)
• Post-production (colour management, skin retouch, dodge & burn, special effects, data handling, etc.)
• Magazine submission strategies
• Marketing, SEO, Social Media, customer acquisition
• All your individual questions
Dates & locations:
Preparation & what you need to bring:
Discussed individually depending on what you’d like to learn
Basis for the session to take place:
• Your signed order confirmation by you followed by my affirmation (at least 21 days before the target date)
• Prepayment (at least 14 days before the target date)
• A respectful, curious and kind attitude by all parties
The portfolio review and one-on-one session can be held in English or German language depending on what you prefer